"My feet were killing... I stopped by to see Dr Saracina about another issue, and she asked me why I was limping. I told her arthritis and being on my feet too long. She promptly said "come here, lie down I think I can help." She used Rock Tape on both feet. They felt so much better the next day, and the pain was gone completely by day 3."
Using Kinesio Tape
Rock Tape can be used on its own, at Atlantic Chiropractic it is commonly used in conjunction with treatments that include 1 or more of the following: myofascial release such as Graston or ART, specific adjustments to misaligned or “stuck” joints, EMS, and specific corrective exercises.
Types of Taping
- Rehab Specific Taping – taping for pain control and/or correction.
- Edema / Swelling Control Taping – taping to reduce swelling and chronic edema.
- Posture Control Taping – a structural approach which creates postural awareness and correction utilizing tactile cueing.
- Pregnancy Specific Taping –Relieves lower abdominal pain and pressure, rib and diaphragmatic pain, low back and sciatic pain. [Further reading: Is Chiropractic treatment safe during pregnancy?]
- Power Taping Methods for Sports Performance – Decrease the rate of muscle fatigue allowing an athlete to “Go Stronger Longer”
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Shin Splints
- Achilles Tendonitis
- IT Band Syndrome
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tennis and Golfers Elbow
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Bicipital Tendonitis
- Neck and Back pain
- Sprains and Strains
- Chronic Joint Pain
Benefits of Taping
- Decreases pain and swelling.
- Accelerates Blood Flow – speeding up the healing time to injured or affected areas.
- Stabilizes while allowing full range of motion.
- Tactile cueing reminds muscles what their proper movement patterns should be.
Dr. Saracina is certified in Advanced Fascial Movement Taping, ask if Rock Tape can help you today! To make an appointment, fill out the form below or just click to call from your mobile phone.